Our workshops empower the artists of the future from the early stages of their career to make work that matters to them, harnessing their talent and perspective on the world and affecting change.
Folio’s vision is for a world in which freelance artists and theatre makers emerge from education and higher education into the industry with the confidence and practical skills to make work, giving them autonomy in their own careers and the work that is being made across the country.
Our workshops empower the artists of the future from the early stages of their career to make work that matters to them, harnessing their talent and perspective on the world and affecting change. We work with students from 14 up to University graduates.
Example workshops: Higher Education
Making work: Make it local with/and for rural communities
Make It Local encourages participants to take inspiration from the place they call home, and supports them to explore making contemporary work locally. This is a practical workshop that empowers and equips young theatre makers with the confidence and tools to deliver exciting theatre to their communities.
This workshop will:
- Inspire early career theatre practitioners to make contemporary theatre work in, with and for their local communities
- Help participants navigate the practical considerations of producing theatre in their locality
- Broaden the imagination of what theatre is and how it can be presented to audiences
- Instil confidence in participants’ creativity
Making work: Packaging Your Play
“I’ve got an idea and I want to do something with it. Where do I start?!”
Packaging Your Play is Folio’s producing workshop for budding producers and emerging theatre makers interested in presenting their own work.
Designed by Folio’s Executive Producer Liz Vogler (formerly Executive Producer at English Touring Theatre) and Folio’s Artistic Director Lizzie Stables, this workshop will explores the process of producing a play from development and pre-production right through to performance, including thinking about pitching and programming, building partnerships – and of course, finding the money!
Example workshops: Schools and Colleges
- Exploring set Text and Performance for GCSE and A-Level
- Monolgue Slam workshop for GCSE and A Level drama
- Devising Theatre
- Exploring Career Pathways in Theatre
- Set Text Workshops for GCSE and A-Level
- Make it Local – creating theatre for and about the place you love
- Themed Theatre Projects (bullying, racism, homophobia, gender equality, fair trade)
- Speech Masterclass – Articulation and Projection
- The Creative Self – unlocking your creativity
- Creative Leadership
All our workshops are designed to be facilitated either in person or adapted for Zoom if required.
If you are interested in having a conversation with us around our workshop programmes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org